Residents are welcome to keep pets at Ardoch, but must ensure they don't cause a nuisance to other residents. If the Committee receives complaints and determines a particular animal is causing a nuisance, it may give notice that the animal must be removed from the estate.
Most complaints are about dogs. To prevent your dog being the subject of complaints, please ensure you:
- Supervise your dog at all times when it is on common property.
- Don’t let your dog run uncontrolled, bark persistently or defecate on the common property.
- Clean up all droppings immediately if your dog does defecate, and dispose of them in an appropriate manner.
There are also complaints about cats. Please note:
- The gardens, trees and associated wildlife are an important feature of Ardoch. Don’t allow your cat to interfere with or attack birds or possums or other wildlife.
- Your cat should be kept indoors overnight.
If you become aware of pet owners not abiding by these conditions, email the OC Manager.